Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nanowrimo Day 2 & 3

So no writing yesterday.  But I managed to get 743 words today so we're currently totaled at 6878.  I was really hoping to break 7000 today but ran out of lunch.

Favorite quote:
 “Can’t you atleast try to be humble, Nikola?” Ella asked.
Tesla looked down his sharp nose at her, “I don’t do humble.”

I swear this entire novel is written to get that line in there.  :)

I did realize a couple things as I'm writing.  I need names.  Desperately need names.   I also realized that I think I'm going to involve the police officer a little more.  Doing so would allow me to switch viewpoints occasionally and since I want him to be the arresting officer at the end, it would be helpful if he, Tesla and Emma worked a little more close together.  That and he's really the only other character who has a name.  :)

2 comments:

  1. If you get truly desperate and the random name generator just won't cut it, try the employee directory at work. I'm serious. One first name and a different last name can work wonders. I've done it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. Yesterday I was using the Panthers Roster. :)

    ReplyDelete