Monday, October 3, 2011

Publication Date Change and some upcoming thoughts

So due to some contract changes, Spells & Swashbucklers release looks like it will be delayed until March 2012. But we will be getting ebook and traditional books when it comes out!

In other news, I've been working on the short story for Fortannis. I finally have it all plotted out and now it's just a matter of actually doing the writing.

A friend of mine, also reminded me of the Jim Baen memorial Short Story Contest that is now open. I have the vaguest idea around a story...something about space pirates and the privitization of space exploration. That or there is this really amazing picture of a woman on a space ship holding a sword...I swear there is a story in there as well but I'm not 100% certain the picture isn't supposed to be of Weber's Honor Harrington. I also have a chase scene in my head a la Red Barchetta in space but since it requires asteriods, I'm not sure if that is too close to Star Wars.

I do plan on doing NaNoWriMo again this year. Concentrating on the Steampunk mystery of course. So I'm spending a lot of time plotting, writing up characters, etc. Hopefully, that will allow me to just dive into the writing part in November.

Wind in my hair/Shifting and Drifting/
Mechanical Music/Adrenelin Surge
~Rush, Red Barchetta

No comments:

Post a Comment