Sunday, April 14, 2013

Announcing...ConGregate!

Some things are in your blood, in your soul, in your heart and you can’t not do them (Yes, that’s a double negative!).  Your passions.

In my case, I apparently have two of them…writing and conventions.

The Writing is going well.  I have 4 short stories published (the most recent coming out at the end of May!), the first chapter of the first draft of my novel being copy-edited, several more short story ideas are in draft form and an entire new series is being plotted.  So I feel like I’m making progress in that passion.

And then there are cons… After I had the Geeklet, I decided to get out of running conventions.  But it’s been 5 years and I miss it like an addict misses cigarettes or coffee. 

So when a small group of us started talking about running a convention…I was onboard.  Particularly if I got to do programming again!  Programming is my true love of conventions.  I love figuring out what topics to discuss, how to draw in the fans…and ConGregate is giving me that opportunity.  Plus we’re really focused on organizing a convention that fans want to attend.  So when it comes to topics and programming ideas, I want to hear from the fans as well as the guests.  We’re even going to put up a link for people to email me their ideas and if I can make it work, it’ll happen.

Congregate is a group of experienced conrunners from all over the South…we have staff from across NC, SC and VA helping out.  We have some of the best talent you can name from RavenCon, Trinoc-coN, MACE, StellarCon, ConCarolinas, Mysticon, and DragonCon. It’s an amazing staff already and I can’t wait to see what we can do. 

I hope you check us out, and share your thoughts and passions with us.   The tagline for ConGregate is “Where strangers are just friends you haven’t met yet.”  We really hope that by the end of our first con, we’ll have made a lot of new friends!


 You may be right/It's all a waste of time
I guess that's just a chance I'm prepared to take
A danger I'm prepared to face/Cut to the chase
~Rush, Cut to the Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment