Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Updates and Ravencon

So...due to conflicting schedules, I will not be a guest at Ravencon this year...but I will be there.  There were a lot more panels for my husband (read his blog) than me.  So I will not be a guest but I will be there to hang out/visit...and attend panels!

Actually, there turned out to be quite a few panels/workshops that I'm hoping to attend.   And anytime I'm not in the panels, I'm hoping to be writing and finishing the novel! 

I got some good advice from Faith Hunter over at Magical Words.  I'm taking it to heart and so really tweaking some aspects of the story to tie them in better.  Misty Massey (also at MW) gave some good advice on using the 7 sins/virtues as examples of flaws.  I think I've kind of got Ella's main flaw as "fear."  She is terrified of losing her sister and the courier business.  She's also still dealing with the loss of her parents (who died somehow??).

Anyway, that's the news from the writing end. 

Like the willows in the wind
Or the cliffs along the ocean
I will quietly resist

~Rush, Faithless

No comments:

Post a Comment