Monday, December 19, 2011

illogiCon Regrets

It is with great sadness that I have to withdraw my attendance from illogiCon in January. I have a short story deadline of the 16th! And my real job - HR - has intervened. I have this major project that was due at the end of the year that, because I've spend so much time recruiting, got pushed back and I haven't been able to work on it at all. Unfortunately, I still need to plan and deliver the training starting by mid January...so I'm going to be up to my ears in Mgmt Training the rest of the year and the first few weeks of January.

I'm really sad because I was one of the first authors illogiCon contacted about being on programming and it's their first year so I really wanted to go. It's the first new con in the Raleigh area since Trinoc*Con died. (I don't count NASFIC since it was a one-of.)

On the plus side, I did get a few more words written on the short story...Knight's Gambit is the current working title. I like that much better than No Mercy. I think I need to have the characters playing chess though as part of the story.

Anyway...back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment