Monday, November 28, 2011

Nanowrimo Days 24,25,26, 27,28

Well, of course the holidays to make it a bit challenging to write.   Between being at families and doing family type stuff, there were days where I only got 400-500 words written.  But I'm up to 35,000 words total!  If I can manage to write ~8000 each in the next two days I can "win" nanowrimo.  

But if I don't it's okay.  I'm just really proud of what I've managed to accomplish so far.  This is the most I've ever written.  I think in December I'll work toward filling out the story and making it make more sense.  I definitely need to add more "steampunk" and/or "supernatural" aspects to the story.  I think if I do that it will help fill out the word count as well.  right now ti's too long for a short story but too short for a novel. 

I also still have the option of interspersing the Inspectors storyline since he's dealing with more than just the original murder.  I'm just really nervous about adding a second POV character to the story. 

Well, it's late so I'm off to bed.  We'll start tomorrow sneaking in words every chance I get and hopefully adding the second POV will get me word count up...even if I don't keep it when it reaches the editing stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment