Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stoking the Fires...

Good evening all!

So it's been kind of a busy month since Ravencon and I've barely had time to sleep, let along write.   I did get nearly 2000 words written over Ravencon weekend which I love!  But as I've been writing I'm reaching a stuck point.  I can't decide if I need to add another POV, switch to first person or just go through the novel and fill in the holes. 

My challenge is that so many mysteries are written in first person, that I really wanted to write from close third but I'm afraid if I add a second POV it'll get lost in the story.

I am also challenged in that I am exhausted.  I don't know if it's the combination of work and life or what, but it's a miracle if I'm up past 9pm or 10pm at all.  And even as I write this...I just remembered I still need to write a blog post for Janine Spendlove's blog!

I'm hoping that since tomorrow is Sunday and an at home Sunday, I'll be able to get some writing done!  Wish me luck!

In positive news...my newest short story is out.  The anthology, Spells and Swashbucklers, is out on Amazon!  So go buy!

I have stoked the fire on the big steel wheels
Steer the airship right across the stars
I learned to fight, I learned to love, I learned to feel
Oh I wish that I could live it all again

~Headlong Flight by Rush

Can I tell you how much I want this album!!!??  I have no doubt that it will be come the soundtrack to writing the novel!  Already I love Headlong Flight and Caravan.  I can't wait to hear the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment