Monday, January 16, 2012

Short Story Away!

So thanks to the wonderful first reader that is my husband, I sent off my submission to the second Fortannis anthology last night.   It's the story of knight coming to terms with a world that isn't shades of gray.  I hated to miss Illogicon but I really needed to finish the story...and I did!

I don't know if it will be accepted into the Anthology but I'm still pretty proud of the story itself.  Writing in a world w/o religion is a bit of a challenge but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I also got the contract for Anne Bonny's Child over the holidays so that is signed and ready to go.  Publication date is more likely April than March now, but still Spells and Swashbucklers should be out soon!

Time to dive back into my novel.  I need to finish adding the red herrings and the second POV. Then its off to the husband for first reading.  By the time I'm done with his suggestions and changes, it should be close to needing a copyeditor/editor.   I'm trying to have it finished by Stellarcon so I can start submitting it to agents/publishing houses in April.

Ambitious goal, I know with work starting to ramp up.  I've got a massive training session to plan and then the internship program to start and run.

We don't have to talk/We don't even have to touch
I can feel your prescence/In the silence that we share

~Rush, Speed of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment