Thursday, December 8, 2011

Writing and Back ups

So...you know how they tell you back up things.  Let me add...back up multiple places!   My thumbdrive is in the stages of dying and of course, the last 153 words I had written on the novel...were on the thumbdrive.  It died and I couldn't get to my novel!   Thankfully, my darling husband jiggled the thumbdrive and I was able to get the information off and put it on a computer.  And we've ordered new thumbdrives.

But it just goes to show that you need multiple back ups.  So I'm now backing up the novel up on my computer, dropbox, sending myself and email with the latest version and I'll have it on the thumbdrive. 

I'm also keeping on a copy on the work computer as well but that one probably won't get backed up as frequently since I don't write as often at work.  Particularly since I have to break from writing to study for the PHR (Professional in Human Resources) exam that I am taking next week. 

I have also come to the conclusion, I like writing to TSO both the XMas and non-Xmas stuff.  I suspect I'm going to LOVE thier new album and can't wait to hear more songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment