Saturday, April 23, 2011

Villians and edits

So I'm mostly through the Edits for AB's Child.  I've got two spots that the editor would like a little more description and detail so I'm trying to figure out how to describe a room, explain why my ghost can suddenly interact, and drop a minor hint of time frame without going into a full-backstory. 

I know I have the answer to the time frame question in my notebook, I just haven't had the notebook handy when I've been editing.

As for Villians, I'm kind of thinking that for my steampunk novel, I need to figure out who the bad guy is.  Because it's a mystery, I don't have to give it away but I'm finding that as I'm writing, I don't know what the bad guy is doing while my heroine is chasing after him.  And I think I really need to have the motives and deciding characteristics about the bad guy.  

"Even now the intensity of his dread power can be felt, weakening the body and saddening the heart." - The Necromancer, Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment